Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 17:10:28 +0000

On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 12:27 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> There *is* a workaround - add a staff and fill it with rests. Then the
> drums play (the rests give the timing events). Attached is an example.

Remarkably, you only need a single rest in the dummy staff to make it
work, and you can use the hide on typeset command (in Staff->Staff
Properties) to hide the staff in the playback view. Perhaps we should
add such a staff (complete with hidden status and a whole measure rest,
and a comment in it explaining what it is for) to percussion
instruments?