[Denemo-devel] Mac users of version 2.0.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Mac users of version 2.0.0
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 09:31:20 +0000

There is a bug in 2.0.0 which I fixed about a month ago: it happened on
Windows machines, where the non-ASCII characters were being mangled and
caused the file to become unloadable - a terrible bug, since users can
feel they have lost their work. In reality it it possible to use a
simple text editor to find and fix the mangled characters in the
non-loading file, but most users will not guess that.
I seems it could affect Mac, but in any case it will be good to
upgrade to the candidate release for 2.0.1 which is available at

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/

be aware that this new version generates a new version of Denemo file
format which cannot be loaded by the older versions of Denemo (it is
backwardly compatible, of course).