Re: [Denemo-devel] Playback View: an important advance for Denemo

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Playback View: an important advance for Denemo
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:03:38 -0600

How do I create an instrument template like this for other instruments?

Jeremiah

On Jan 11, 2016 5:26 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 21:35 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 12:44 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         > I was wondering how to change the instrument sounds when
>         playback is
>         > done via playback view.
>
>         I've just tried:
>         Staffs/Voices->Add Staff->Add Staff For Instrument
>
>         and added a B-flat clarinet. In the Playback View this sounds
>         as a
>         clarinet.
>

> It sounded like a piano on darwin when I tried it.

I think I was tricked by the following bug that I have noticed: if you
set an instrument, play it, then start a new score then as you enter
notes it is still sounding the instrument you set on the old score. The
reason is fluidsynth has not had that channel re-set. Clicking Reset
does this.

I haven't fixed that bug, but I've added a MIDI Instrument command
(after the Short Instrument Name command) and used it to update the
Clarinet in Bb Instrument template. Now it (reliably) plays as a
clarinet in the Playback View.