Re: [Denemo-devel] command not applied to full selection, only at cursor

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] command not applied to full selection, only at cursor
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:23:27 +0000

On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 05:47 -0500, Bric wrote:
> On 12/31/2015 04:51 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Oh! I just remembered this behavior can be changed via a preference - go
> > to Edit->Change Preferences->Command Behavior, first option.
>
> That did the trick !!
>
> (whew)  nonetheless, i locally built 2.0.1 just now (from git), and it
> was set to apply-at-cursor-only.

I expect that is the default, because the other is quite dangerous for
the casual user. What can happen is that they have a selection which is
off-screen, then they try to apply, say, a trill to the note at the
cursor and nothing happens, they think the command is broken. Later they
find a whole bunch of notes have trills on them.

But the root of your problem was you losing your preferences on upgrade.
I'll write up what I know about this, but what you can do to get them
back to delete ~/.denemo-2.0.1 and re-start Denemo. Ask to keep your
preferences, and it *should* keep them and remember them next time (if
you quit properly?). If not, file a bug report, and do the same again
but this time save your commands as your default command set via the
Command Center.
You *never* lose your personal prefs or shortcuts on upgrade, they are
just stored in old .denemo-x.x.x directories.

Richard