Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo with --enable-gtk2

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo with --enable-gtk2
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 17:57:28 +0000

On Sun, 2015-12-20 at 18:22 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Moreover, I'm wondering if this is the right path to go. Would a user
> want to install all sorts of old libraries?

I don't think we are talking about all sorts of old libaries here, while
GTK is still updating GTK2 it seems the the evince people have abandoned
GTK2, even though they are providing a library, not just an application.
I think they don't seriously expect people to use the library.
What are the pros and cons of switching to the Atril libs - does
depending on the MATE project represent a risk, not being so big and not
supported by Red Hat? It is the case that Denemo depends on completely
unsupported libraries (libsmf for one at least), but they are simple C
code which will not break...