Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo with --enable-gtk2

From: John Coppens
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo with --enable-gtk2
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:40:47 -0300

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:33:55 +0000
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem that will arise is that I don't have a mobile device (words
> like Android have quite a different meaning to me) and so can't help see
> the way forward here. I do see that the Gtk team are adapting the API to
> target those devices and causing problems for the older ones.

Richard,

As the main problem with Gtk3 seems to be tooltips, why not change the system?

Maybe a more practical solution is to use the 'hover' event or
'enter'/'leave' event of widgets to create a proper tooltip system?
Maybe reserve one or two lines at the bottom of the screen, and make
help texts appear there, instead of having them pop up annoyingly
everywhere?

John