Re: [Denemo-devel] A problem with ja.po for the Denemo project

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A problem with ja.po for the Denemo project
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 16:28:39 +0200

On 2015-10-06 20:11, Richard Shann wrote:
> Thank you for your help, locally I can build ok, and msgfmt works on
> my (Debian) box.

So on what box does the msgfmt produce those errors?

> I notice that the offending line has the construct
> #~| at the start, while no lines before this have that construct, and
> several after do. eg.
>
> #~| msgid "Move to Measure Right"

You can delete any lines that start with "#~|".  I have done so at the TP.
They are harmless, obsolete stuff, that can be done without.

> I gather this may be correct syntax, but perhaps this is throwing
> the make ...

Well... make has nothing to do with PO files.  Only msgfmt and msgmerge
should handle those.  So... which of those two produces the messages?

BTW, why does the denemo-devel email archive stop at September 23?
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/denemo-devel/

Benno