Re: [Denemo-devel] note-head type question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] note-head type question
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:38:00 +0100

On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 09:36 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Is it possible to have a notehead that has an oval like a normal
> notehead AND a cross inside it? I'm trying to indicate to string
> players that they need to use their voices to making a shhhhh sound
> and this is what I'd like it to look like. Other ideas are most
> welcome!

I would guess the LilyPonders would come up with something for this, but
you could do something rather simple: create a second voice which has
the same notes but cross notehead. Without using any voicing commands
they are printed on top of each other. I'm not sure the result is very
satisfactory however - I think you might be better with some diacritical
sign - you could use the wavy line I created for the tremblement
ornament (look up tremblement in the Command Center).
And (of course) you can create your own sign and add it to the score, if
that sign does not quite suit. (See Create/Load Custom Ornament and
friends).

Richard