Re: [Denemo-devel] Linux Installation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Linux Installation
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 08:54:43 +0100

On Sun, 2015-05-17 at 22:19 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 17.05.2015 um 19:29 schrieb Cantor Stuart Binder:
> > So I guess the best thing to do for now is to point people to the website
> > instructions for installing the latest version.
>
> Alternatively one could provide packages for the most common distros in
> the web site. For example, you could point to the SUSE packages Edgar is
> building,

There *is* such a link!

>  and I could provide a Debian package.

That would be great, I can put a link to it on the Downloads page (or it
could be hosted on denemo.org if that is ok with Jeremiah). Would this
be for a particular version of Debian (e.g. stable, or testing)? I
haven't installed a package from outside the Debian website in living
memory (my living memory is only a few months, I must confess) so I
don't know if this is something that will just work for people or
whether they risk conflicts between library versions. Above all, I think
it would be bad to offer something that might de-stabilize some other
program by installing a different library version of something.