Re: [Denemo-devel] Simple titles

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Simple titles
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:16:29 +0100

I wrote the simple titles first (it is in actions/denemo.scm I think).
At the time I couldn't find a way in LilyPond of putting a title for the
whole score followed by titles for each movement. As I recall, I ended
up using the Title field of the first movement for the title of the
whole score and then the Subtitle field for each movement's title. And
to get that working I had to set the print-all-headers true.

Then I wrote the book titles, which uses some of the same fields (IIRC).

The LilyPond syntax may have been extended since I did all that -
clearly a clean re-write would be ideal, which would need to start from
a clear set of sample custom score layout blocks that showed what the
desired output syntax for all the cases was.

(Is it clear what I mean here? The last part of the LilyPond window
contains what I call the Score Layout block, which can be turned into
pure LilyPond text and so completely written by hand. So this could be
edited to show the desired output syntax that Denemo should generate for
each of the sorts of score that Denemo can generate - simple titles,
separate composers for each movement, book titles, etc).

If you have an understanding of up-to-date LilyPond syntax for titling
and can generate sample score layout blocks that Denemo could generate
then I think creating the scripts to do it would be straight forward.

Richard