Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo bugs

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo bugs
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:00:41 -0500

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 13:42 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> It would be best to remove that version -

I have now used Denemo for about half and hour now without further
crashes, so I think my fixes to the header file inclusion are good. In
that case, the bug only happens on 64-bit builds, so the darwin build
you posted would have been ok after all (sorry!).

And indeed Bert Wiest did not report crashes with that version.
You mentioned installing hacks to avoid threading problems - I guess
that would be the mutex unlocks? Are the threading problems just on
exiting Denemo or do you see problems while using Denemo?

From what I experienced, it happened only on exiting. It also use to crash when updating the preferences (when the audio restarted). I am not sure if this is still a problem or not. If it is, I have not tested this in a while previous to the little hack. Anyway it appears to be gone. Again... I am not sure if the hack is what fixed it or it was fixed without my knowledge.

I fairly often get Denemo hanging on exit in a pthread routine on my
Debian system, I haven't seen this happen on the windows binaries, but
then I don't get very long trying them. (People don't report this as a
problem on Windows, which is stronger evidence). I did change the way
Denemo exits for the G_OS_WIN32 case, skipping the audio shutdown and
calling _exit() directly, I think.

It is probably the same problem.