Re: [Denemo-devel] Unable to open file after moving it

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Unable to open file after moving it
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:17:53 +0100

On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 16:44 +0200, Bert Wiest wrote:
> Dear Denemo developers,
>
> here is another bug which made me panic briefly: after moving a .denemo file
> to another position in the file system I was unable to open it! When I
> double-clicked on the file in the Finder, Denemo opened with an empty file.
> When I then tried to open it from within Denemo (File -> Open etc) Denemo
> crashed while I was navigating down the subdirectories to the new position. I
> had to move the file back to its original position, and everything worked
> fine again.
>
> Reminder: I use OSX 10.9.5.

Again, I can be pretty sure this is a bad integration with/build of
supporting libraries, Denemo itself wouldn't be the cause ... perhaps
you could run Denemo in a virtual box - I've done this myself, but it is
rather slow in the configuration I have tried (running Debian in the
virtual box with the 32-bit compatibility libraries).