Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions on transposing and "two parts for the right

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions on transposing and "two parts for the right hand" markings
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 21:16:51 +0100

On Sat, 2014-10-11 at 13:07 -0400, Ken Beal wrote:
> Thanks Richard!  The explanation really helps.
>

> One issue I'm having is Denemo crashes a lot.
Something seriously amiss, I don't do a lot of testing on the windows
platform, but I know people who use it a lot and they are not seeing any
crashes.
Is your system 64-bit? I think I have only tested on 32-bit systems.

>   I have learned to save after every couple changes.  I'm running
> Windows 8.1 -- is it more stable on other platforms?  (I could RDP to
> a Mac or Linux box.

under GNU/Linux you get better error reporting from LilyPond back to
Denemo, and that is the most tested platform.

> )
>

> Is there any logging it does that I can send you, or turn on to
> capture data the next time it crashes?

yes, there is an executable called denemo-console.exe installed with
denemo.exe. That one runs in a terminal, so you can see the chatter -
unfortunately it is built with debug output on, which is currently
causing a lot of noise - something in the playback of audio system is
dropping messages out regularly, which I mean to get round to turning
off. But you may well see something interesting there. I presume you are
using 1.1.8 at least - even better is the development code 1.1.9 at
http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw.exe

Richard