Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI events for shortcuts

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI events for shortcuts
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:05:40 +0200

I see, thank you. Now that I know how it works, I can see the MIDI
messages. I can translate the numbers to hexadecimal with a calculator.
But with my sparse scheme skills, one large number is not easy to handle
. You offered to extend d-GetMidi to return a list of bytes. That would
make things much easier (though I need to learn how to handle several
return values).

I will try to write some scheme filter next weekend, using AngryDelete
as a template. In this context, I have another question: What is the
scheme command to toggle the link to the MIDI keyboard (what the caps
lock key does)? Will it work to use it, as I don't know if the message
to turn the link back on will be received? Maybe it is better to
implement the keyboard link functionality in the scheme filter directly,
i.e. set a variable whether to evaluate the MIDI messages or not (and
wait for the "turn the link back on" message).

Andreas