Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI events for shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI events for shortcuts
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:21:22 +0100

On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 19:33 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Thank you for your help. Now I have some time to test a bit. I have been
> running the disp debug scheme you provided with "execute script" and got
> reasonable results for a few times, but now I only get a message box
> saying "Not exiting the previous MIDI capture loop". What am I doing
> wrong?
There is a call
(d-PutMidi 0)
which is treated as a re-set for MIDI capture. The details are not at my
fingertips (you will see command this under Input->MIDI->MIDI filter
off).

>  Can the scheme be triggered every time Denemo gets a MIDI event?

It is triggered by the first MIDI event after d-GetMidi, and so a loop
doing that effectively captures all MIDI events.
Hmm, that is a strange way of saying that the scheme code following
(d-GetMidi) is triggered once a MIDI event is received. You can think of
the call (d-GetMidi) as "hanging" until a MIDI event is received. If you
tried to execute the same call (d-GetMidi) while this was going on, you
should get that message box popping up. In which case click on
Input->MIDI->MIDI filter off to clear the blockage.

I think there may well be something to winkle out in this code (it is
rather ancient) and I will be very happy to do this. If you can send me
your code I will be glad to look at it. (I might have to simulate MIDI
events coming in on other channels than 0, but that won't be difficult -
send me a description of the MIDI bytes that you are sending from your
controller).