[Denemo-devel] What keystroke does Mod4+4 mean?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] What keystroke does Mod4+4 mean?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:27:51 +0100

On western keyboards the modifier keys are Shift, Control, Alt and
others which may have various symbols showing on their surface.
On my keyboard Mod4 has a little flag on it, which I think is a
reference to the fact that Windows steals it for its own use. I would
expect you can steal it back - there are lots of programs offering to
re-assign key strokes.

So Mod4+4 means hold down that modifier key while pressing the key 4

Likewise, on my system Alt+mouse left drag is stolen by the window
manager to drag windows around.
But the bottom line is that you can re-assign which keys to use in
Denemo in the easiest possible way - just press the key-combination you
want while highlighting the command (this is easiest if the menu is not
torn off). Or, if you prefer, right-click and choose "modify the key
short cut ...", and then use the command center that pops up to set a
one or two key short cut).

And remember, you only need non-printing (spacer) rests if you have
something else in the measure, otherwise leave it blank and Denemo will
fill it in for you.