[Denemo-devel] A Good Idea

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:20:23 +0100

It has just occurred to me that it is possible to devise a way of using
palettes from the keyboard. It would mean that once you had decided on
the collection of commands you wanted to use and put them in a palette
you could start invoking them by pressing the keyboard short cut for
invoking a palette command and then typing the label of the button you
wanted to click.
Of course you would make the labels as short and memorable as you
wished.
So I propose to create a new command ActivatePaletteButton which
intercepts keypresses and matches them to palette labels (some sort of
active-palette mechanism needed) executing the action when matched.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome!