Re: [Denemo-devel] a mingw build from master?

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] a mingw build from master?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:01:44 -0500

I have built another Mingw snapshot based on gtk2.

Jeremiah

On Jul 25, 2014 4:28 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 16:01 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> ok. This is the build off of the gtk3 binary libs I downloaded from
> the gtk project. What do you think my next step would be in order to
> debug this?
I managed to run the executable under the gdb that we built when we had
mxe working. It segfaulted in glib threading stuff, actually in the
library.
This ties in with the fact that running the program for the first time
it succeeds in popping up the window asking if you want to keep your old
shortcuts. It is only after this that the program crashes. It succeeds
in creating the new .denemo-1.1.9 and the rc file in it. So the gtk
stuff is actually working ok.

>  Am I trying to do something impractical? These binaries I downloaded
> include glib gtk pango and cario.

It's possible that is Denemo's use of threads that is causing the crash.
When stopping Denemo on Debian I often get it exiting abnormally in some
pthread function - I have not seen any other signs of threads trouble,
but it is quite possible they are there, waiting to be triggered. I know
gdb has support for threads, but I think the main debugging path is
understanding Denemo's threading code and reading through it.

> I will reverse this change and go back to the gtk2

Well, I would really welcome a chance to try this out...

>  but I wanted to see if we could progress toward a gtk3 mingw build.

yes, eventually this will no doubt become a necessity...

Richard