[Denemo-devel] Return value of commands that are scripts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Return value of commands that are scripts
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:15:56 +0100

Eloi, Jeremiah - I was surprised to find that if you write a command
that is a scheme script then the value of the last expression in the
script is discarded when invoked from scheme, #t is always returned.
I discovered this because the d-LilyPondInclude command tries to return
a boolean when passed a parameter ('query . filename) for some string
filename, depending on whether there is an include for a file of that
name.
This stopped working when I re-worked the include stuff, but now I can't
see how it ever worked. I have just worked around the problem, but I
can't see where the invocation of scripted commands takes place in the
newly arranged code, so I don't understand why the last expression in
the script is not being returned.
If anyone can shed light on this I would be grateful...