Re: [Denemo-devel] Master is badly broken

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Master is badly broken
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 20:11:09 +0200

What do you think of the testsuite at the moment ? I though about something, tell me if it looks a good idea to you.

I create a new test that will try to execute every not builtin scheme command.

The test parses the action directory to find the scheme commands.
For each command, it checks if an associated test file exists, lets say tests/fixtures/scheme/THECOMMAND.scm. If so it executes it. If not it just executes "(d-THECOMMAND)(d-quit)".
 This would be a weak test in that case, but it could at least check that the command does not provoke a segfault.

Then the test could be a bit tougher. For example, we could decide that if a scheme command return FALSE, it makes the test fail.

What do you think ?

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 19:13 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> As you remarked, it will be good to generate a new .scm script each
> time
> a new command is made
This script could assume that a variable, Denemo-output-filename say,
was defined which it should use via

(d-Save Denemo-output-filename)
(d-Quit)

at the end of the test. (I think I missed the (d-Quit) out of the
current script ...)

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »