Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 17:51:39 +0200

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 18:15 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:

> The reference file should be in integration-data.
>
> Comparison against reference files is done for .denemo files in
> example directory, and scm / mxml files in integration-data

Sorry but I still don't understand. The file hemiola.denemo which I have
checked into tests/integration-data is not suitable for inclusion in the
example directory -

I see, I will look for a way to fix that.

it is a test, not something users will want to look
at. It is, in fact, the same as its output, that is if you load it and
then save it then the saved file is the same as the original, or should
be if the command it tests is still working.
Ah! When in doubt, read the documentation :) :
>From the Readme.md file this single file should be good as a complete
test. It would not be good to have a file which when loaded and saved
became different, such a test would need to go elsewhere and would
presumably require more infrastructure. And this is not really needed,
since such a test could always be done via a scheme script.

Ok, so if I have understood correctly, the check in I did of
hemiola.denemo was all that was needed, and the travis-ci report that
the build passed means that the test passed.
Excellent!

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »