Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 17:07:28 +0100

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 14:09 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> The first is integration-data/hemiola.denemo and not
> integration-tmp/hemiola.denemo

ok, I have checked in hemiola.denemo and loaded and saved it as
hemiola.denemo.denemo, but there is no directory in the master git
called integration-tmp and I am sure you don't mean one should be
created. Where do I put this reference file for checking against?
I tried the make update-samples but this generated differences for the
input files thus:

> #     modified:   actions/init.denemo
> #     modified:   actions/musicgames/ReadingNoteNames.denemo
> #     modified:   samples/AllDenemoDirectiveOutputs.denemo
> #     modified:   samples/DurationError.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/Accordion/accordion.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/EarlyMusic/BreveLonga.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/Tablature.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/band/BrassBand.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/band/BrassTrio.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/chamber/StringQuartet.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/choral/SATB-Piano.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/choral/SATB.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/choral/TTBB.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/drummap.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/jazz/ChordSymbols.denemo
> #     modified:   templates/jazz/JazzCombo.denemo
> #     modified:   tests/Interactive/Playback/CursorToEnd.denemo
> #     modified:   tests/Interactive/Typesetting/testDynamicStaff.denemo

I'm puzzled ...
But I think I have now a good basic test for a new command of this sort
(commands that generate standalone directives). The hemiola.denemo has a
script to be run on loading which deletes the object at the cursor and
then runs the new command, which should re-instate it. So if the command
fails to restore the file to its original state there is an error.

Something similar can be done for other sorts of directive creating
commands, which is many of the new scripted commands.

Richard