Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Sbuild update 4.1.1]

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Sbuild update 4.1.1]
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:37:59 +0000

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 05:45 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 04:05:12PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 18:03 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > I think if we were to move away from gub we should switch to mxe. It
> > > is just a matter of debuging what gets built.
> >
> > I agree, I didn't realize that other thing was for windows users. We
> > were beaten back from mxe by the way runtime loading of the pdf backend
> > and such like IIRC.
>
> I don't remember. I know gub has that issue on the gtk3 build.
>
> >We actually have a problem right now with our GUB
> > build for windows: we cannot load the .svg images used in one or two
> > palettes, the gdk-pixbuf-loaders thing doesn't work on windows.
>
> gdk-pixbuf-loaders is an exe isn't it? If so what happens when you try to
> launch it at the command line?

I tried launching it from various directories but in every case it did
nothing. No output, no messages. I ran it under gdb and was able to get
it to break at main() if I recall correctly. But there were no symbols,
so I couldn't see what it did next. I don't know if there is the
equivalent of ptrace to find out what, if anything, it tries to open or
write to. Does it do anything if launched on wine?

Richard