Re: [Denemo-devel] problems with 1.1.2

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] problems with 1.1.2
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:54:29 +0100

At this point in gdb, you can type "bt"

On 02/13/2014 02:52 AM, Bric wrote:
On 02/12/2014 07:52 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 06:20 -0500, Bric wrote:
I figured I should move this out to a new thread. (WAS:  "duration,
rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?")

I compiled denemo version 1.1.2, seemingly OK.  After updating my glib
(downloaded glib 2.39.4 source, compiled and installed it)

But then there were issues big and small(er):

(1) Denemo is segfault-ing when edit preferences, although, on first
run, I think it was NOT segfault-ing.  I was able to uncheck "Highlight
the cursor", click OK, and it didn't segfault at that point.
at which point does it segfault?

Oops. I now have bigger problems.  I recompiled denemo 1.1.2 source, but now when I try to run the result I get:

./release_1.1.2/bin/denemo: symbol lookup error: ./release_1.1.2/bin/denemo: undefined symbol: g_object_replace_qdata

Prior to recompiling denemo, I locally compiled and installed recent versions of fontconfig and other packages today (for other purposes, outside of denemo). I think the problem is either glib or fontconfig, unless denemo uses pango, cairo and things like that (but i don't see that among its dependencies). Googling the error message points to pango or pangocairo (and I may have severely botched my pango installation) but I don't see pango among denemo's dependencies.

(and what would be a way to force denemo to compile against the older, /usr/lib libraries, rather than the newer /usr/local/lib ones?  though I'm not sure if that's what's called for here)

For all those who are losing sleep over my compile snag, looking and waiting for a solution with bated breath, here is the latest:

I am on to the fix.  I added " -lpangoft2-1.0 " to my "Libs" line of /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/pangocairo.pc, and things started compiling, although I am not fully out of the woods yet.   Sorting things out, with glib and other packages.  I am equivoating between glib-2.39.5 (latest git) and  2.39.4 (latest tar ball).  Anyhow, in the midst of the equivocation, denemo has successfully compiled again.  I added "--enable-debug", and ran it from the gdb shell.  It crashed when I changed something in Preferences (the windows did not disappear, but I got the segfault message in gdb).

in gdb shell, i get this message, after it crashes:

Denemo - MESSAGE : The default fluidsynth soundfont has been loaded

g_rec_mutex_get_impl (rec_mutex=0x40000000) at gthread-posix.c:290
290      pthread_mutex_t *impl = g_atomic_pointer_get (&rec_mutex->p);

How do I capture more of the error in gdb, to forward it to the gurus here, for analysis?

thanks