Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:00:33 +0000

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 19:13 -0500, Bric wrote:

> are you sure that's my problem? An old glib, and nothing else?

Almost certainly: from your log it has compiled many files with glib
functions in them and then stops at this particular function
g_list_free_full() which is in a recently created bit of code and which
is a function not available in versions of glib before the one I
mentioned. The expected result of compiling on an older glib is
precisely that message.
The bug is that our build system does not track which version developers
have, and then require it at configure time. I expect that in very tight
organizations developers are issued with specific versions of libraries
and have to build with those, and then those versions are put as minimum
version requirement in the configure stuff.