Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.2 (was Re: Newbie getting MIDI K/B to wor

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.2 (was Re: Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:40:58 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 11:48 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> [...] I think the only real
> regression is thumb nailing. I think it only works for simple files that
> don't have Denemo Directives that create menu items and other widgets.
>
> code like this (from lilydirectives.c) will not work:
>
>   if (GTK_IS_MENU_ITEM (directive->widget))
>     gtk_menu_item_set_label_text ((GtkMenuItem *) directive->widget, value);
>   else
>     gtk_label_set_markup ((GtkLabel *) gtk_bin_get_child (GTK_BIN
> (directive->widget)), value);
>
> and this
>
>   (directive->override & DENEMO_OVERRIDE_GRAPHIC) ? gtk_widget_show
> (GTK_WIDGET (directive->widget)) : gtk_widget_hide (GTK_WIDGET
> (directive->widget));
>
> from the same file. I'm not sure how much of this sort of stuff there
> is, or what the general approach to getting Denemo.non_interactive
> working is...

I have committed a few if(Denemo.non_interactive) return; statements in
where gtk critical errors were arising when running denemo -n and it no
longer crashes - in git now. I hope this is the correct approach.

> but most serious Denemo scores will not generate a
> thumbnail at present I think.

Well, it *is* generating a thumbnail when I use the Score->Set Thumbnail
from Selection, but not (sometimes?) on exit.