Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:39:39 +0000

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 15:56 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> 2014/1/15 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>          Is it a requirement of gtk_init() that a
>         display exists? I hope not.
>

> It is. Gtk cannot be initialized on Travis.
> However, it seems that you are right and that we can use GtkTextBuffer
> without initializing Gtk.
>
> I fixed the thumbnailer, and created a test to prevent future
> regressions. Can you please test ?

Very interesting. At first I saw the usual error messages
 Gtk - CRITICAL: gtk_widget_show: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

and so on when I closed a score (i.e. coming from the thumbnail run of
denemo). So I installed the denemo in the system (/usr/local/bin) and
tried the same score - same error.
Then switched to another user. That user got a simple file to thumbnail
ok.
Then I switched back to myself, and found that the simple file *did*
thumbnail ok, but the original (fairly complex) file did not.

I suspect the complex file fails because the thumbnailer is trying to
compile just a few bars of the score and these may not compile
separately. If so, it is a red herring, though it is very strange that
gtk error messages should result (could this be an attempt to popup some
error dialog?)

I'll look into it further, but, on the whole I think you may have
cleared the regression.