Re: [Denemo-devel] lily 2.16, 2.18 zombies on darwin when ran via glib g

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] lily 2.16, 2.18 zombies on darwin when ran via glib g_spawn
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 05:34:20 +0100

Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> writes:

> I am having an issue running lilypond via glib when cross compiled for
> darwin.
>
> This is when cross compiled for darwin using the same gub snapshot:
> Version/Status
> 2.14.2 works fine
> 2.16.2 created pdf and .ps but goes into a zombie state on exit
> 2.18.0 does not create anyting and immediately goes zombie

Are you using "zombie state" in the official meaning here (a process
that has terminated without its parent waiting for it, listed in a "ps
a" listing as Z)?  Or just as a colloquial description?

> Now all of the above versions are executable. I inserted a printf of
> the lilypond arguments before g_spawn.... was launched. Then I copied
> and executed it at the command line. Each time it was a success on all
> three tested versions. Why is it not working via g_spawn...? I have
> cross compiled all the above for mingw and have never had this
> problem. I am begining to diff through versions 2.14 and 2.18. Does
> anyone have any idea as to what is causing this?

At some point of time, the terminal output was not routed through
whatever Guile considered to be its current-error-output but rather
through file descriptor 2.  If you have a blocking pipe or similar on
that in your process environment, this might be good for problems.

--
David Kastrup