Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:25:28 +0000

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 17:34 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> Do you know why Denemo.textbuffer is a GtkTextBuffer and not a simple
> gchar* ?

See:

src/exportlilypond.c:   gtk_text_view_set_buffer (GTK_TEXT_VIEW
(Denemo.textview), Denemo.textbuffer);

and much else ... it just *is* a GtkTextBuffer for all the reasons that
a GtkTextView requires. What would be an interesting project is to merge
this as a GtkSourceView so that the LilyPond code could benefit from
syntax highlighting, line numbering etc. There could be serious problems
though with the GtkAnchors embedded to navigate from PDF to Denemo.

Richard