Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:56:17 -0600

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 05:31:19PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> No, it means that Denemo is not finding the LilyPond typesetter. Even
> without notes it would have typeset the single empty bar.
> I am not sure if your package has LilyPond built in, whether or not, you
> can use Edit->Change Preferences->Externals to give the path to LilyPond
> (after installing LilyPond), though if you *do* install LilyPond as a
> separate program you may not need to do this as Denemo should find it
> from the environment

When a user installs lilypond on a mac via the official lilypond pkg, lilypond
does *not* go into the users $PATH. For the Mac mach-o bundles I have a patch
applied to denemo that sets the lilypond location via getevn("LILYPOND_PATH").
These mach-o bundles have to able to placed in different locations. In the file
Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/denemo.sh there is a line that has this:
export LILYPOND_PATH=$PREFIX/bin/lilypond

PREFIX gets defined like this:
DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
PREFIX=$DIR/../Resources

This is only true if denemo was build with gub and with mach-o support. If
denemo was build via macports then denemo gets gets installed in an absolute
static non-relocating path with a prefix being /opt or where the user set in
his macports conf files. The same is true of lilypond if it was installed via
macports.