Re: [Denemo-devel] make check fails

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make check fails
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:13:53 +0000

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 16:23 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> When I run make check with fakeroot (which is invoked by the script for
> Debian package creation), I get lots of dialogs such as:
> Could not create .denemo for you personal settings

this is a failure of the call

g_mkdir_with_parents (dotdenemo, 0770);

trying to create a directory in the home directory (as returned by
g_get_home_dir() ).

I gather that fakeroot gives more, rather than less privileges, so that
seems strange. Is there a good reason why the program should be denied
permission to create a directory in the home directory in that context?

Richard