Re: [Denemo-devel] Third question - importing MIDI file crashes with flu

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Third question - importing MIDI file crashes with fluidsynth errors - latest RPM?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:49:53 +0100

Am Dienstag, 24. Dezember 2013, 07:33:29 schrieb Philip Rhoades:
> Yep, got it OK and it installed fine . . however the original issue
> still remains - although the end result is a little different I think:
>
> Importing:
>
>    http://sglyrics.myrmid.com/boxer2.mid
>
> - now I don't get any errors on the command line but it takes some
> minutes for the dialog box to turn grey and finally disappear - but the
> imported music is not right and it is obviously not "The Boxer" when it
> plays . . (as a comparison, TuxGuitar imports in about a second and
> plays fine).

I didn't read this thread carefully from the beginning, just now I realized
that you are looking for a binary build containing the latest stuff from git;
I'm sorry but I don't do that, I  package released versions only.
I've tried importing your file from within current git denemo, but the
"automatic import" does load it, but definitely looks garbled in the main view
as well as in the typeset preview window.

> Thanks,
>
> Phil.

Edgar