Re: [Denemo-devel] pdf Files out of sync on mac

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] pdf Files out of sync on mac
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 17:20:35 +0000

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 11:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I created a darwin-x86 build using gub with gtk3 and rubberband. There is a
> problem that existed in previous mac versions (using gtk2) as well. I
> upgraded glib thinging that it would fix itself. Here is what I see in denemo:
> I launch denemo
> I see the progress bar pop-up on top of an evince window
> The progress bar seems to be stuck in an infinant loop.

There is a possible problem here: when LilyPond is first run it caches
its fonts first. On Windows I have seen this take so many minutes that
the launch of Denemo appears to have failed.
It might be an idea to create a denemorc file to put in
the .denemo-1.1.0 directory that contains the preference to not do
automatic typesetting (or alter the sources so that it is not the
default)

    <manualtypeset>1</manualtypeset>

is the line for this in denemorc.

Then at least Denemo should launch and you could start investigating
whether it will run LilyPond successfully.

Richard