Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:41:59 -0600

On Nov 19, 2013 3:48 AM, "Éloi Rivard" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > This is what Travis does, tag r1.1.0 seems ok here :
>> > https://travis-ci.org/denemo/denemo/builds/13463982
>>

>> Does it? - could it? - generate a tarball that we could test (to see if
>> it actually generated version 1.1.0).
>
> It does now: https://travis-ci.org/denemo/denemo/jobs/14168685
> You can see the test script here: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/tree/tools/travis/run-script.sh#n20
>

>> > That may mean that the tarball generation is inconstant, I will check
>> > that and add make it automatically checked in Travis.
>> >
>> > Why do you think it is related to tags ?
>>
>> because that is what has changed since the last release.
>

>> I don't know much about this as I say, but "change the commit for which
>>
>> a tag stands for" does not seem to describe what is needed. There may
>> have been further commits to master (since the code that is to be in the
>> release was fixed upon but before the translations are ready to commit),
>> so the tag can't simply be moved forward on the master branch.
>

> Tags allow this actually. You can see a tag like a token that you put on commits you want. You totally can add further commits, cherry-pick the commit and apply it on the tagged commit, the only thing needed then is to set the tag on the last commit.
> What do you mean by "move forward a tag on the master branch" ?
>
>> A set of steps to take at each stage would be very useful I think - I
>> have been using the ones you emailed for updating the translations etc,
>> this has been working well
>
> I just created a maintainer page that is not listed in the menus: http://denemo.org/maintainer-page/

I still don't know how to change a file in a tag and commit it and have that change. If I update the tagging wont it include all other commits since the tag has been created? What are a commands to make a change and have it only affect the r1.1.0 tag. This commit should also be the only commit added to the tag. The tag dhould not point update to point at last commit or current master.

Jeremiah