Re: [Denemo-devel] Piano pedal notation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Piano pedal notation
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:09:38 +0000

On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 11:19 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> If I use Chords -> Directives -> Attach Lilypond to Chord and write
> \sustainOn etc., I get the error that the directive is put before the
> duration number:
>
> Fehler: syntax error, unexpected DIGIT
>          <f, f>\sustainOn
>                          4 <e, e>\sustainOff\sustainOn8 <d, d> <c,
> c>\sustainOff\sustainOn2\sustainOff\AutoBarline
>
> What am I missing?

Well, you are not missing something, Denemo is. It should have another
command for putting LilyPond after the durations (this possibility
already is coded in - it requires an override to be put in the Denemo
Directive to specify that position).
As this is the more common case, it should be the one labelled "Attach
to Chord" while the present one should be labelled something else (in
fact, I'm not sure how much the current one is used - possibly the
additional override is nearly always applied).