[Denemo-devel] MIDI instrument selection

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] MIDI instrument selection
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:12:13 +0000

I have noticed this is completely broken. The "number of presets" seems
to be the number in all "banks" in the sound font.
The drop down list actually lists instruments from bank 127 while the
instruments we play are all for bank 0. Worse, once you have set a name
you cannot select by program number. And finally there is a
g_lib_critical warning from somewhere in the g_string manipulations.
I propose disabling the selection by name and letting people look up the
instrument list to program number correspondence (we could restore the
old GM list which would apply to the bank 0 of the soundfont we supply).