Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is translated)?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:19:28 +0200

2013/10/24 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 01:15 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Steps to reproduce the problem:
>
> - remove all the ~/.denemo-* directories - start Denemo: I attach  the
> palettes I'd like to use and close the windows of the palettes I don't
> care about. So I have only two windows: the display (with some
> palettes attached) and the print view. - close Denemo - start again
> Denemo and all the palettes are hidden (including the ones I had
> attached). If I show them all, some palette window pops up (see image
> attached), even of palette I had closed because I don't need them

This is bad news - I have carefully gone through exactly these steps and
did not get that behavior. Instead precisely the palettes left
un-hidden, in the places they were left (above, below or undocked) were
re-opened on starting Denemo the second time.

The only thing I can suggest is to check read/write permissions
on .denemo-1.1.1/actions for the file palettes.xml
and then examine the file palettes.xml before before and closing for the
fields of the form

<palette _name="Barlines" row-wise="1" limit="1" dock="0" hidden="1">

these hold i.a. the name of the palette, whether docked and hidden

if the file is not writeable I guess you could see what you see ...
otherwise I'm baffled.

file is writable:

ls -l .denemo-1.1.1/actions/
totale 28
-rw-r--r-- 1 fede fede 27957 ott 24 22:06 palettes.xml

The contents  of the file is correct: what I chose to dock is docked and what I chose to hide is hidden (in the file).
Well, now it works fine: the last settings are reloaded when I start Denemo the second time.
Probably I did something wrong..