[Denemo-devel] lilypond version weirdness

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] lilypond version weirdness
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 04:10:08 -0400

I have two working lilypond versions installed on my Ubuntu Maverick, simultaneously: 2.16.1 and 2.17.7

denemo's config has been using the older 2.16.1 version, or so it seems. When I export as lilypond the *.ly file has:

\version "2.16"

I finally got around to trying to suppress or remove version 2.16.1 and make 2.17.7 the default everywhere.

But here's the weird thing: denemo keeps generating *.ly files with the line "version 2.16" in them.

Is this some bizarre coincidence? Is the current git 1.0.9 have a built-in "minimum lilypond version compatibility", and it happens to be 2.16, or is denemo somehow aware of my particular system's lilypond version?

(The additional weirdness is that I am failing to find the proper way to remove my lilypond 2.16.1, because I can't find my source tree for that version; i think I used a shell script to build it (this was a while ago!) and it got installed in my $HOME/bin, but that's a different story. When I remove "$PATH/bin" from my path, the "lilypond" command starts to mean /usr/local/bin/lilypond, which is 2.17.7, otherwise, it's 2.16.1. I have launched denemo from the command line, from a shell where "lilypond" means /usr/local/bin/lilypond[_2.17.7], and with ~/bin missing/moved. Denemo still generates 2.16 *.ly files !)

Any ideas?