Re: [Denemo-devel] svg's not showing in Linux binary of 1.1.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] svg's not showing in Linux binary of 1.1.0
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:52:33 +0100

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 10:20 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Here is a screenshot of what I am getting when I launch the 1.1.0
> linux binary. There are some fonts or .svg's not showing.

I think that one is a failure to find feta.ttf (I think denemo extracts
the glyphs for clefs, noteheads etc from that font); I say this because
I have seen this on windows if feta.ttf is not present in the windows
fonts directory (IIRC).

The "Ornaments" palette has the names of the icons trill.svg etc instead
of loading the icon - also I don't see a tilte on this palette. Denemo
looks for this in $PREFIX/share/denemo/pixmaps - this is accessed via a
routine in utils.c

    case DENEMO_DIR_PIXMAPS:
      return g_build_filename(get_system_data_dir (), PIXMAPS_DIR, NULL);

the way Eloi left it is was accessing the directory where denemo.png is
located (the icon for the program itself) but this wasn't used for
setting the icon for the program, so I changed it to point to the
pixmaps dir. Is the pixmaps dir being installed? It seemed to work on my
machine and on the windows builds I did.

Richard