Re: [Denemo-devel] Building gub in VirtualBox

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building gub in VirtualBox
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 21:58:15 +0100

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 14:47 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> You might need to look at the code to see if that line that caused the
> error is an #ifdef or something.

I have found references to the problem on the net. It seems that a
version of gcc gave this trouble (perhaps a workaround is to reduce the
optimization - a bug report hinted that -O1 would compile).

>  If so you may be able to fix that with a patch or environment
> variable or something. That is weird it does not compile for you.

Yes, the main point of the virtual box was to ensure we had the same gcc
etc. Your libxml2 is the one pointed to by the checked-in sources in
your github->jjbenham->gub I suppose?

But if it is a compiler bug (and it looks *very* like one) then your
"Debian Stable" can't be the same as mine. My installation disk says
netinst 7.1.0 and I have checked that only one version of gcc is
available via synaptic.

Richard