Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 17:36:34 +0100

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 12:01 -0400, Bric wrote:
> On 10/05/2013 08:00 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 05:47 -0400, Bric wrote:
> >> while (unsuccessfully) searching for the "non-printing" toggle for a
> >> staff, i created a custom layout, then deleted parts of it, and, i think
> >> the consequence was that I destroyed the lilypond code — although i'm
> >> not certain that was the cause-and-effect.
> >>
> >> The typeset music window now has "INVALID lilypond could not typeset
> >> this score"
> >>
> >> So, how do I get back to the "default layout" ?
> > You can typeset any layout from the Print View window, using the Typeset
> > button. And you can delete the bad layout with the Delete button at the
> > top of the Score Layout window. That will create a Default Layout if you
> > don't otherwise have one. If you do have one you can select it in the
> > Score Layout window, and then hit Typeset (or, as I say, use the Typeset
> > button in the Print View window).
>
> OK.  That worked. I had to restart denemo for the default layout to be
> regenerated.
>
> NEW CHALLENGE:  How do you get the staff instrument name

The instrument name menu item in the staff menu puts an instrument name
before the first line of music. If you want to put this text somewhere
else you need either one of the pre-canned LilyPond title fields (e.g.
piece, or Opus or ...) or use some markup (Denemo has some commands that
insert text that can be dragged around - see earlier emails)

Richard