Re: [Denemo-devel] a couple more feature suggestions

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] a couple more feature suggestions
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 06:36:23 -0400 (EDT)

> On September 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM rshann <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> Bric,
>
> If you hover over the status bar right it explains that the first digit
> is the movement number. However, I am planning to add buttons to
> indicate the movements and enable you to switch to a given movement by
> clicking.

thanks.

> About extra buttons, they cause trouble when the window becomes too
> wide for some folk's screen. That is why the labels are so terse - in
> particular I don't like the current Continuous/Manual typesetting
> control.

Well, I guess this is not that critical, considering that you can assign a
keyboard shortcut to "export as lilypond" (which for me is "alt+l" right now.

However, — I didn't mention this earlier — there seems to be a quirk (is it?)
with the lilypond export, in the file naming dialogue:

It doesn't prompt you with a file name.  Which, over time, becomes a significant
loss of time.

In other words, if your denemo file is called
"rimsky_korsakov_symphony_transposed_gminor_flute_part.denemo" (i just made that
up), and you have lots of files with similar but different names, it's a big
tedium to scroll down and find the name, click on it, and then edit it.

The file name prompt should not be blank, but be populated with the suggested

                     "rimsky_korsakov_symphony_transposed_gminor_flute_part.ly"

(IMHO)