Re: [Denemo-devel] printing margins, and miscellania

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] printing margins, and miscellania
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:56:55 +0100

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 22:18 -0400, Bric wrote:
> > Not sure what command or version you mean here. I think that one can
> be
> > removed by invoking the command again and deleting the text. That
> sounds
> > like one to avoid, there is a nicer Text With Positioning command
> next
> > to it in 1.0.9
>
> I simply "text-edited" the main denemo xml file, changing my bad
> "\encircled
> ..." to "\circle ...", then re-opened the *.denemo file in denemo.
> Reasonably
> easy solution, although, I can see how someone may not want to have to
> do that.

The low-level edit method for users is to right click on the note and
choose edit directives, select the Arbitrary Text and then edit the
LilyPond there. But in 1.0.9 it has its own built in edit method (which
is just to run the command again) so when you right click and choose
Edit Directives and select the ArbitraryText directive you get the text
editor again. As I say, I can't be sure you are talking about the same
command (I am looking at Notes/Rests->Markings->Arbitrary Text) in
version 1.0.9