Re: [Denemo-devel] feature request

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] feature request
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 17:06:01 +0100

On Sat, 2013-09-07 at 08:53 -0400, Bric wrote:

> > On September 7, 2013 at 3:48 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, 2013-09-07 at 07:12 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > But currently choosing one duration automatically selects that as
> > > the prevailing duration, so they aren't much used I think. (I use a
> > > MIDI
> > > controller, which makes things different ...)
>
> I haven't tried denemo with MIDI input yet; sounds like you are suggesting
> it's
> definitely worth a try.  I just figured i'd still need to switch between
> computer and music keyboards, often enough to diminish the advantage of "real
> playing"
for editing and fiddling about with a piece, yes. But for sheer speed
entering music nothing can beat it if you are a fluent music reader

> > ok, I just turned off my MIDI controller (by the way they are very cheap
> > $40??) and I see this:
>
> I have one; yes, very cheap (got mine for under $10, IIRC)  You do mean just
> the
> midi-usb interface, right? (not including keyboard)

Including keyboard - small ones I see at that sort of price. Mine is an
M-Audio Keystation 49e which has a few more keys. I keep it plugged
permanently in as I don't do anything else with it. It has no controls
needing setting up - just open Denemo enter the rhythm and play in the
pitches. Have you seen the Demo typesetting a melody in 30 secs or a
Vivaldi sonata movement in 10 mins? (see denemo.org).
If not, then it really is time these got uploaded to youtube ...

Richard