Re: [Denemo-devel] file pot: typos and questions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] file pot: typos and questions
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:54:22 +0100

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 00:26 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Richard
>

> just found some typos in the pot template
>

> - acciacatura -> acciaccatura
>
> - appogiatura -> appoggiatura
>

> - This # is intended?
> Quick LilyPond Export#

I've fixed these.

> - There's something wrong with \n here:
>

> #: ../actions/denemo-modules/wysiwyg.scm.h:8
> #| msgid ""
> #| "First click on the center line of the staff aligning with
> notehead/rest\n"
> #| "(Positioning will be done with respect to this height)"
> msgid ""
> "First click on the center line of the staff aligning with
> notehead/rest"
> "\\n(Positioning will be done with respect to this height)"

I've just deleted the attempt at a line feed here.

> Finally, I've checked the menus and I've found that there  are some
> few menus not translated yet (but they should):
>

> - Navigation>Cursor>Cursor Highlighting Off/On

This is a complete mystery, I can't see anything unusual here.

> In Education there are several cases:
> - Aural training
> - Identify-Scale-Note and Chord-Comparison
> - C-Pentascale (maybe the dash in the name causes the problem? just
> guessing...)

likewise, these ... I don't know how they could get to be differently
treated.

> Questions
> ---------------
>

> I wonder what "graphic" stands for in general.
> I  think it usually doesn't refer to lilypond "grob" (graphical
> object), it's simply a bitmap image. Is it correct?

I would expect the term "graphic" (singular noun) to be used to mean
some thing drawn in the display at a point in the music so the user can
see what is controlling the printed output. E.g. the big L inserted to
show a \break will be output to LilyPond at that point. They used to be
internally represented as bitmap images, now either svg or a font glyph
is used usually, but that is an internal issue.

Richard