Re: [Denemo-devel] select all

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] select all
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:29:44 +0100

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 09:25 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 08:19 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > Has select all been dropped? I don't see it any more in Edit -> Select
> > (using the newest git version with a fresh .denemo-1.0.5 directory).
>
> I don't think there has ever been a select all command - I just checked
> 1.0.4 and 0.9.2, (and my memory).
> It has crossed my mind to create one, but the prospect of being able to
> delete the entire movement in two keystrokes has deterred me (ctrl-x
> deletes the selection).

Well, of course, we don't have to create a short cut for it - I have
added a Select All to the Edit->Select menu. In the course of looking at
this I have found and fixed a bug which left the window much wider than
the score.
Andreas - you mentioned transposition. If you are composing then actual
physical transposition may be what you want. Usually if you are
transcribing it is better to use "transpose on print" command, as the
input then continues to look the same as the original you are
transposing from.