Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:35:12 +0100

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 15:12 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2013 10:56 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
> wrote:

> of denemo...
> finding and
> correctly.
> delete the
> anyway).

> until I

> asking if

> process to
> for
> > >
> > > Ok. I ran it using ctrl-p p to get the printview. The top program
> is
> > > the bsd top (I believe) so it is a little different. Here is what
> it
> > > says:
> > >
> > > PID  COMMAND      %CPU      TIME     #TH  #WQ  #POR #MRE RPRVT
>  RSHRD
> > > RSIZE  VPRVT  VSIZE  PGRP PPID STATE    UID  FAULTS  COW   MSGSENT
> > > 197- lilypond     0.0       00:03.39 1    0    19   425  42M
>  50M
> > > 52M    101M   756M   181  191  sleeping 501  13585   798   740
> > >
> > > So that means that lilypond is idle but has not exited properly.
> Is
> > > this then a lilypond bug? Now I closed the progressbar pop-up and
> > > see in the printview what I was trying to "print". Maybe I should
> try
> > > a different version of lilypond 2.17.x or something. It currently
> has
> > > 2.16.2. Perhaps it was the upgrade from 2.13 that caused this.
> >
> > Are you using LilyPond from the Denemo installation or one from a
> > LilyPond installer or one that is installed from your distribution?
>
> I have tried gubs 2.16.2, 2.16.0, 2.13 and the official lilypond
> 2.16.2. Nothing seems to work. When I kill lilypond at the command
> line or I close the progressbar window then it opens up the pdf in the
> printview. I think the problem is in print.c somewhere because if I
> export to pdf everything works as expected.

??? Do you get the pop saying your PDF is now ready? That is, do you see
LilyPond exiting in top when you invoke it for Export to PDF but not
exiting when you do print preview?
This popup is the equivalent of the progress bar exiting.

If you *are* getting the "Your pdf file has now been created" message
then:
in that case the call to launch LilyPond needs to be looked at: all
calls to generate a PDF file via LilyPond (except the thumbnail which is
hopefully not involved here) are done via the single call run_lilypond()
so, it would be worthwhile printing out the exact arguments and other
relevant information as it is called. And, of course, checking that the
g_child_watch_add has been correctly called for the pid in question.