Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:31:12 +0100

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 15:37 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 24.04.2013 12:29, schrieb Richard Shann:
> >>
> >> Actually they don't transpose for me, neither in my own score, nor in
> >> the LeadSheet example.
> >
> > ??? The lead sheet example displays in one key and typesets in another,
> > right??? with chord symbols changed? If not we are in serious need of
> > investigating!
> >
> >>  I'm using Notes/Rests > Transpose > Arbitrary
> >> Transpose [up/down]. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Anything in Notes/Rests affects the note at the cursor. So that should
> > transpose a note or chord.
> >
> > You need Score->(Print) Transposed to typeset the score transposed -
> > there is a video demo of doing this at https://vimeo.com/62188678 where
> > the score is transposed at the end...
>
> This is a misunderstanding. I meant by transposing selecting some notes
> and then apply Notes/Rests > Transpose > Arbitrary Transpose up/down to
> transpose a section and expected to see the chord symbols transposed,
> too.
Well, this will work with the new chord staff...

>  I did not mean the feature for transposing instruments you use in
> the LeadSheet example.
>
> Thank you very much for the independent chord notation feature, this is
> very cool :)

Actually, what I have done so far is not what I should have done first -
it is limited to LilyPond users, because it uses a custom layout which
would need editing (e.g. for the title). I'll replace the template with
one which has a chord-staff via the same mechanism as Tablature.