Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Release Candidate Test

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Release Candidate Test
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:55:07 +0000

On Sun, 2013-03-24 at 18:07 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Yes. Version 1.0.0 with their binaries have been placed in
> denemo.org/downloads for sanity checking.

They seem good. Can you sign and upload them to ftp.gnu.org ?

I will email the LilyPond user list (as the promotion of LilyPond in the
demo video is noteworthy) and the gnu-prog-discuss list. If there are
other places where publicity would be good anyone is welcome to announce
the release once the mirrors are responding to the download request.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this release.
Richard
The release notes are:
8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
New features in this version:
   Demos
      Videos are at https://vimeo.com/62188678 and friends.
   WYSIWYG
      Positioning of elements can be fine-tuned by dragging in the final
typeset view.
      Slur angle and placement can likewise be altered by dragging to
avoid occasional problems
      Beaming angle can be altered using this WYSIWYG interface.
   Continuous Typesetting Option
      A continuously updated score can be kept visible
      Option to re-typeset only a few bars/staffs around the current
position
   Animated Display
      No more losing the cursor when stepping off the side of the
screen.
      Transition when deleting measures or staffs makes it clear what
you just did
   Example of Features
      Sample pdf output: click on a feature to get instructions on how
to create the feature
   Support for Guile 2.x
   More commands
      Single command to generate complete set of score and parts
      Textual Annotations, draggable to any position
      Lyric verses at end of piece.
      Acciaccatura built in, with display.
      Dal Segno
      Whole Measure Repeats
      Beaming commands controlling left and right beam numbers
   LilyPond definitions can be created for a score and immediately
appear in a menu
   More Translations
      Notably a complete French translation.

Known Issues for this version:
Windows users should reboot after installing