Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 10:59:01 -0600

Have you tried doing a
find target/mingw -name 'portmidi.h'
This will confirm that it is installed. You can always --disable-portmidi for now in order to work on nsis. I just installed denemo-rc10 (from my gub directory) on a computer runnimg windows xp pro. It installed and ran fine. It seemed to not respond after I chose to exit without saving. I also noticed a slightly different behavior in note duration editing. If I place a quarter note down and then which to change it to a half note I usually hit shift-1. This did not work for some reason. It would be nice if I could change the prevailing duration without having to mouse or cursor down to the note and then hitting 1. It still fails the wine test. Win32 is our most portable solution if its working in wine. This is because both mac and linux have wine.

Jeremiah

On Mar 2, 2013 10:03 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 14:43 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have some (good?) news, one of the xp machines I tested rc10 on was
> just now executing it perfectly: I think this machine exhibited the
> "lost fonts" bug when I last tested it.
> The "lost fonts" bug seems to come and go at random. When I had it a
> while back on the vista laptop it affected a very ancient denemo
> 0.8.22
> or some such that I keep available. That is, it is in the environment,
> not the program.
>
> So rc10 may be working on more windows systems than I thought. But it
> does seem to be capable of rendering windows unstable in some way.

I think this losing fonts may be due to the installer doing something
wrong writing the font keys in the windows registry - that would explain
why it affected an already installed program. Why it spontaneously
righted itself is down to some periodic housekeeping that windows does,
I guess. As these tests are done on machines which have had Denemo
installed and crudely deleted multiple times, the real-world experience
of folk may be different.
If I can just get to build the installer, I could do some tests on the
nsis spec - at the moment I am stuck with the denemo configure stage not
finding portmidi... it seems to be not in the gub tree, yet is listed as
a dependency in denemo.py